Sunday, August 29, 2010

Now with campus and traffic...

I was in Chicago today and dropped into my favorite bike shop in the city, Uptown Bicycles. It got me thinking about biking within an urban setting and how to get folks who are new to biking acclimated and prepared to bike in an environment where there are more than just cornfields around (say an increase of 30,000 students, a third who are new to the campus, and any parents and friends of these students).

So scouring the internet, I found this handy article: http://www.good.is/post/bike-commuting-and-living-to-tell-about-it/. There are some handy tips, especially since he's talking from his experience in NYC.

On a side note, I'm thinking about how to vamp up some education programs for members of the Bike Project. Any suggestions on what one may want to see in classes or programs, let me know. Of course, this happens outside of dissertation thinking but I'll squeeze it in when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment