Wednesday, August 25, 2010

"yogurt pedaling"

Last weekend, I met the "yogurt pedaler," Annie Lambla.  Annie's biking from Chicago to Ohio, visiting farms and markets along the way, and teaching people about locally-made yogurt.  While in C-U, she visited Urbana's Market at the Square and UIUC's Quad Day, came out to our alleycat race, and graciously agreed to an interview for Smile Politely:
SP: Where did you get the idea to bike around with the yogurt trailer?
Annie: At first, I had an idea to ride around the Midwest from farm to farm, learning about new farms on the road, and selling my yogurt along the way.  My friend suggested building up a bike machine to run a refrigerator while I pedaled, but all of that just became too complicated and expensive.  So I decided to change it into a project to inspire people to get excited about making things, which is what bikes and yogurt have done for me.
You can read more of the interview here and follow Annie's bike tour at yogurtpedaler.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment